Prof. Gabriele teaches at both the undergraduate and graduate level in the general areas of the European Middle Ages, Renaissance, Reformation, Age of Discovery, and modern perceptions of the “medieval.”
Sometimes he stands on chairs.
Past courses include:
- Game of Thrones: The Medieval & the Modern
- The Medieval World
- Age of the Crusades
- Theories of Prophecy and History
- Memory, History, & Legend: The Case of Charlemagne
- Christians, Jews, & the Idea of Judeo-Christianity
- The Medieval Hero: Warriors & Saints
- The Language of Religious Violence
- Love: An Introduction to College
See more at Virginia Tech’s Timetable of Classes (select “RLCL” in the Subject).
Because of the number of requests he receives each year, Prof. Gabriele’s policy for writing letters of recommendation is that a student must have taken at least 2 courses with him during their time at Virginia Tech, or have worked substantively with him in some other capacity (undergraduate research, thesis advisee, etc.). Feel free to get in touch to get more information.